Activities to do during Winter in Destin Florida
Activities to do during Winter in Destin Florida! While Destin is typically known as a popular spring break and summer destination, there are still plenty of activities to enjoy during the colder months when swimming and water-based tours are less feasible. Despite the closure of some popular tour companies offering activities like parasailing and snorkeling, Destin has plenty of things to do in the winter.
Visitors may initially flock to Destin for its stunning beaches and clear blue waters, but many year-round activities are available for all ages and interests. Below is a list of recommended winter activities in “The World’s Luckiest Fishing Village,” which has now evolved into a year-round vacation spot.
Things to do in Destin Florida during Winter:
Destin is a popular destination during warmer months due to its beachside paradise. However, even during cooler seasons, Florida’s weather is mild, with temperatures averaging in the 60s. Fortunately, plenty of outdoor and indoor activities can be enjoyed during this time. Here are a few top activities to consider when not at the beach.
Visiting Destin during the cooler months is a good idea. Many great shopping options are available such as Destin Commons, Silver Sands Premium Outlets, and Grand Boulevard. You’ll find amazing deals at Destin Commons, while Silver Sands Premium Outlets has over 100 brand-name stores.
Grand Boulevard offers high-end retailers and a premier movie theater. These malls have great food options, popular fashion choices, and live events. You can easily make a day or night out of any outlet mall trip in the area, and shopping is always an enjoyable way to spend a cold day at the beach.
Museums and art galleries:
Destin offers a variety of historical and artistic attractions, including the History and Fishing Museum, the Indian Temple Mound Museum, the Emerald Coast Science Center (a great option for children), the Air Force Armament Museum, and the Man in the Sea Museum.
In addition, there are numerous art galleries and craft centers where visitors can participate in creative activities. Exploring these sites and engaging in artistic experiences can be an ideal way to spend time in Destin.
In addition to its beaches, Destin, Florida, boasts several nature reserves with opportunities for hiking, kayaking, biking, birdwatching, and other activities. These trails provide a great option for colder weather, as hiking in ninety-degree temperatures is not ideal. You can explore the lush greenery, observe Gulf Coast wildlife, marvel at Florida’s dune lakes, and exercise.
Ice skating is on the list of things to do in Destin, Florida, during winter. Visitors can enjoy ice skating at the Village of Baytowne Wharf, even though the ice is not natural. The tropical backdrop provides a unique atmosphere for families to enjoy this winter treat. Additionally, Baytowne is open year-round, offering a variety of fun activities such as an arcade, laser maze, and adventure course.
When the weather is chilly in Destin, it’s a perfect opportunity to enjoy a spa day. Treat yourself to a massage and a facial to rejuvenate your body. You can visit a hotel for a unique spa experience or visit The Village of Baytowne Wharf to explore their boutique spa options. Taking time for self-care is essential, and indulging in a spa day is a wonderful way to give back to yourself.
Cruises, boat tours, and fishing:
You can enjoy the cooler days by taking a boat tour, a cruise with drinks and dining, or a deep-sea fishing experience. These activities are available throughout the year and are suitable for people of all ages. Remember to try the dolphin watch cruise, a popular choice among locals.
Destin offers numerous indoor options for children to enjoy, such as Wild Willy’s Adventure Zone, which includes a ropes course, bowling, and a 4D theater. Additionally, there are several indoor mini-golf facilities and trampoline parks like Urban Air Adventure Park to explore. Whether you’re young or old, everyone will leave with a smile on their happy face.
Although it’s winter in Florida, the game of golf doesn’t end, unlike in northern regions. With the lower temperatures, golfers can relish their time on the course without summer’s oppressive heat and humidity. It’s easier to get a good time to play golf because there aren’t as many people who want to play golf. After all, there are fewer tourists.
That sounds like a great suggestion. Destin is well known for its fresh seafood, and trying out the local favorites is always a good idea. Here are some recommendations for high-end and casual seafood options in Destin:
- Ocean Club Restaurant – This award-winning restaurant offers a sophisticated dining experience with stunning ocean views. Their menu features a variety of fresh seafood options, including Gulf Coast grouper and Maine lobster.
- Marina Cafe – This upscale restaurant offers fresh seafood dishes with a contemporary twist. The menu includes seafood favorites like seared scallops and blackened tuna.
- Beach Walk at Henderson Park Inn – This elegant restaurant is located within a boutique hotel and offers breathtaking views of the Gulf of Mexico. Their menu features a variety of seafood dishes, including pan-seared snapper and lobster ravioli.
- The Crab Trap – This casual beachside restaurant is a local favorite for seafood. They offer a variety of dishes, including fried seafood baskets and grilled fish tacos.
- Dewey Destin’s Seafood Restaurant – This casual seafood spot offers a variety of fresh seafood options, including oysters, shrimp, and fish sandwiches. Their outdoor seating area offers great views of the harbor.
- Boshamps Seafood & Oyster House – This laid-back restaurant offers Gulf-to-Table seafood and classic Southern dishes. Their menu includes seafood favorites like crawfish boil and shrimp and grits.No matter what your taste or budget, there are plenty of seafood options to choose from in Destin.
Destin, Florida, is renowned for its immaculate beaches and excellent climate, and it entertains throughout the year without the massive summer crowds. If you seek a winter escape, contact My Vacation Haven to discover the ideal rental for your next Gulf Coast vacation.